Sunday, August 31, 2014

ARC Review: Still Yours (20 Something #2)

Still Yours (20 Something #2) by Amy Patrick

Publisher: All Night Reads & Oxford South Press
178 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Book 2 of the 20 Something series, a New Adult Contemporary series about twenty-something entering the world of TV broadcasting, where what happens behind the scenes is the real news.

23-year-old Mara Neely knows who she is and what she wants - she's an ambitious reporter with a taste for himbos - beautiful dumb guys who don't even tempt her to get involved past wham-bam-thank you-sir. 


When she takes a TV news reporting job in Providence, it's great step up career wise, but it's also a little too close to home...and to HIM, the only guy who's ever tempted her to let go and love someone.


To billionaire web entrepreneur Reid Mancini, Mara was like a rare comet-beautiful, exciting, and impossible to hold onto. Now his first love is on his television screen and back in his life, and this time, he's got a surefire plan to catch a star and make her fall.


STILL YOURS is a standalone or can be read as a series sweet and sexy New Adult novel of 59,000 words. It is intended for readers 17+.


My Review:
Please be advised that this review might contain some slight spoilers. Source I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to All Night Reads and Netgalley. This title is set for release on September 10, 2014.

Still Yours is the second book in Amy Patrick's 20 Something series. This story follows Mara Neely, 23 year old reporter that recently came back home to Providence, Rhode Island, and is assigned to interview Reid Mancini the state own resident billionaire, self-starting internet entrepreneur and well Mara's high school sweetheart that she hasn't seen in over 4 - 5 years. Mara and Reid get to know each other once again, the old sparks fly and their attraction gets deeper and deeper. But however, Mara starts to fear that her love for Reid will Ultimately destroy her. Like the love between her parents destroyed her mother. So it is up to Reid to try and convince Mara to let her guard down and follow her heart to what is ultimately meant to be.


I did not think I could like this book as much as I did. It reminded me up a raunchier version of Fangirl. It was Just so cute, and entertaining. I love Mara and Reid. They were just perfect as they were. I enjoyed the fact that Mara had smarts, and integrity. She knew who she was and when the going got too tough for her, she ran with it. Reid took slightly longer to like, but once I did man I was just hooked. He was just a sweet guy that happened to be a billionaire. He didn't change his personality when he gained his fortune. I also enjoyed the fact that it was set in Rhode Island. I never read something from there before, so it was interesting to have a different city than the ones  I am use to reading about. It also was not as dirty as I thought it would be. I thought there would be a lot more sex scenes, but it was pretty mild. It kind of added something to the story, like people in their early to mid-twenties are more three dimensional than the usual care only about sex routine.


All in all, I thought this was a great guilty pleasure read. It was fun and entertaining. It is not a classic and it will never be that but it was a good novel nonetheless. The characters were lovable, the setting was fabulous and the story was really good. I enjoyed it immensely and I would recommend this book to anyone who would want to read a New Adult book for the first time. I'm interested to find out what happens to Kenley in the third book coming out later. 


My Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment