Sunday, September 21, 2014

ARC Review: Remember When

Remember When by T. Torrest

Publisher:  Smith Publicity, 2013
262 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley

Synopsis (fromg Goodreads):
Years before Trip Wiley could be seen on movie screens all over the world, he could be seen sitting in the desk behind me in my high school English class.

This was back in 1990, and I cite the year only to avoid dumbfounding you when references to big hair or stretch pants are mentioned. Although, come to think of it, I am from New Jersey, which may serve as explanation enough. We were teenagers then, way back in a time before anyone could even dream he’d turn into the Hollywood commodity that he is today.

In case you live under a rock and don't know who Trip Wiley is, just know that these days, he’s the actor found at the top of every casting director’s wish list. He’s incredibly talented and insanely gorgeous, the combination of which has made him very rich, very famous and very desirable.

And not just to casting directors, either.

I can’t confirm any of the gossip from his early years out in Tinseltown, but based on what I knew of his life before he was famous, I can tell you that the idea of Girls-Throwing-Themselves-At-Trip is not a new concept.

I should know. I was one of them.

And my life hasn’t been the same since.

My Review:
Oh WOW I really loved this story so much!

This book was about crushes and first loves, it really made me go back to my school days where I had my first crushes thinking they wasn't interested and having your friends help you through your heart breaks!

I found Remember When so realistic, I loved how Layla and Trip went through the stages of friends to first love, even though you could see from the beginning it was a love at first sight type thing!

I found Layla and her best friend Lisa's friendship hilarious they went through everything most best friends at school do.. Laughs, home life problems, silly arguments that only lasted a little while, but were always their for each other. I hope to see more of Lisa in the next two books which I'm sure I will as I have a feeling she will always be by Layla's side!

I fell in love with Trip pretty much right from the beginning. I got my first butterfly when he walked passed Layla's desk and tapped on it! He was so sweet towards Layla but I wanted him to tell her how he felt instead of letting her think it was just one sided.. Silly boy!

So pleased I got recommended this series, it couldn't of come at a better time.. I needed something that would feel my tummy with butterflies and this book certainly did that!

The ending wasn't left on a cliffy but it made me want to pick the second one up straight away to see what happens. I have a feeling its going to be a rollercoaster ride!


My Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment