Sunday, January 18, 2015

ARC Review: Forever Wild: The Complete Series

One Wild Night (Forever Wild #1) by Magan Vernon

Publisher: Beautifully Broken Books, 2013
58 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Erotica
Links: Goodreads | Amamzon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
**This book is now FREE on all ebook outlets**

One Wild Night- EPISODE 1 in the first season of the Forever Wild Serial. (This is a six part series with one book releasing every 3 weeks)

One Wild Night Can Change Everything

Valerie Wilder doesn’t do serious relationships. She also doesn’t usually wake up in Vegas next to a male stripper…

A male stripper who happens to be her new husband.

A quickie divorce seems like the answer, but the Nevada legal system doesn’t think so. When her new husband suggests flying back to Chicago with Valerie she accepts, wondering if one night in Vegas could turn into something much more.


My Reveiw:
This is part one of a six part series. While this is a short read, the books hooks you from the get go. Valerie wakes up to find herself married to Wes, someone she has known less than 24 hours. When the state of Nevada can’t offer any help, Valerie must find another solution. Deciding to just go with the flow, Valerie and Wes find themselves stuck with each other at least for a little while. I found it easy to like the characters. You get a small glimpse into who Valerie and Wes are leading up to them being stuck together and I found myself wanting to know more. I really enjoyed the first installment and can’t wait to find out what happens between Valerie and Wes


Wild Hearts (Forever Wild #2)


Publisher: Beautifully Broken Books, 2013
48 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Erotica
Links: Goodreads | Amamzon

Synopsis (from Goodreds):
Going back to Chicago with her accidental husband should have been torture for Valerie. But when Wes has her bent over the first class bathroom sink, torture is the last thing on her mind.

After landing back in Chicago reality sets in. So does the glaring eye of her roommate, and her former friends with benefits, Max, who seems to be a lot friendlier since Wes came in the picture.

After a meeting with a divorce lawyer, Valerie and Wes find out that they have thirty days for both of them to sign the papers, ending their quickie marriage.

But Valerie doesn’t know if she wants to move on or forever stay Mrs. Wild.


My Review:
I have to say, I wasn't totally sure about Wes after reading the first volume in this series, especially when he admitted to initially looking for a sugar momma in Valerie. His intention was to use her for her money to get to LA and break into the music scene. Of course then he found out she didn't have any money but he still seemed to have a kind of attachment to her. So basically I wasn't sure how I felt about him, I hated the thought if him being the type of person to use a woman like that but on the other hand, there was something about him that I found likeable, he didn't come across as a bad person which seemed at odds with his initial intentions.

In this volume Wes has come back to Chicago with Valerie so they can both file for divorce. He has nowhere else to go so is staying with her in the apartment she shares with her flatmate Paige, who is a complete b*tch, by the way. Now back home, there is another man on the scene. Max, Valerie's long-standing f*ck buddy who has never before wanted anything more than random hook-ups at her house, has never wanted to date her publicly, now all of a sudden is intimating he wants more. I already hate him. He's a douch.


Valerie has started to develop feelings for Wes, will she speak up and tell him or let her sensible side rule and precede with the divorce? I'm definitely more hooked into this series after this installment, Wes is rapidly growing on me and I find myself cheering in his corner.



The Wild One (Forever Wild #3)


Publisher: Beautifully Broken Books, 2014
48 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Erotica
Links: Goodreads | Amamzon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Wes never considered himself a lucky man - until one wild night in Vegas that ended with a marriage to Valerie Wilder. She doesn’t consider herself as lucky, and gives him thirty days to sign the divorce papers, forgetting their marriage every existed. There’s just one problem.

He’s fallen hard for Valerie.

Wes loves everything about the girl he married by mistake, except the fact that he doesn’t feel worthy of her - especially when hedge funder Max Green keeps coming back in the picture. Wes can’t compete with the rich and powerful man who also wants Valerie as his own, but he doesn’t want to lose her. To prove his love for Valerie and save their marriage, Wes is going to fight hard for the woman he loves, putting his wild side behind him to be the man she needs. Before it’s too late.


My Review:
This third installment in the Wild series is written in Wes' POV which was great as we get to see things from his eyes and find out how he really feels. Wes, surprisingly, is deeper than his stripper persona first suggested. He's a nice guy but I still have trouble with his tendency to put money above everything else. Of course this is because he doesn't have any, and really it just makes him more real. Because let's face it, when confronted with a wad of cash when previously we had never even seen that much money, we'd all be tempted, even if it was only briefly. So he's not the perfect book boyfriend, like I said, it does make him a more realistic character. But I still judge him for it. I can't help it! I want perfection in my fictional men I guess.

However Wes is finally admitting to himself and to the b*tchy roommate Paige that he has feelings for Valerie, but will he grow a pair and tell Valerie? This story is intriguing but I do wish Wes was a bit more Alpha. I think Valerie has more Alpha in her than him at this point!


I can see some frustrating times looming on the horizon with the next installment, Max is being his usual douchey self and I can see him definitely creating trouble in paradise for the pair.


The Wild Side (Forever Wild #4)


Publisher: Beautifully Broken Books, 2014
51 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Erotica
Links: Goodreads | Amamzon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
The Wild Side is the fourth book in the Forever Wild Serial. (This is a six part series with one book releasing every 3 weeks)
Nothing in Valerie Wilder’s life has been the same since she married Wild Wes.


When her two closest work friends drop a bombshell on her, she shouldn’t have really been surprised. 


But their unexpected news means she'll have to answer to her former friend with benefits, Max Green. 

And all of this just in time for a visit from her little sister Melanie and her boyfriend John “John Boy” Walden. 


Now Valerie just has to figure out to see where walking on the wild side takes her and if staying Mrs. Wild is going to be worth it for her career and her heart.


My Review:
This series definitely gets better with each volume, the characters are really becoming more three dimensional and the story more gripping as more is revealed to us.

In this installment we meet Valerie's sister Melanie and her boyfriend John. I've since found out that they have a book of their own, The Only One which I really want to read. They seem like a great couple and I just know their story will be a good one.


Valerie is propositioned by her friends and colleagues in this book which will mean a change in her career path that may just mean that Max, a.k.a. king of the douchebags (in my opinion) will be more present in her life. I'm bracing myself in preparation of him causing some mayhem. Things seem to be going more smoothly between Wes and Valerie at this point, they're opening up to each other more, but can things remain plain sailing for them? I bloody well hope so but I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.


Wild For You (Forever Wild #5)


Publisher: Beautifully Broken Books, 2014
53 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Erotica
Links: Goodreads | Amamzon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Things seem to be finally looking up for Valerie and Wes.

Valerie finally left her job and started a new company with two of her closest work friends and if that wasn't enough of a stress reliever, she finally decided to let her true feelings show for Wes. And when they’re reciprocated everything seems to be falling in place for the girl that once thought that she’d never get anything right.


But there are secrets that Wes has been keeping from her that involve her former friends with benefits, Max Green, and when they come to the surface it could put an end to Mr. and Mrs. Wild.


My Review:
That other shoe that I knew was going to drop? Yep, it hit me in the face like a ton of bricks. Aaand here's the frustration. Max has now reached new heights on the Douchebag Scale. I want him killed off! Ok, that's too strong a reaction, maybe he just suffers from a particularly bad case of diarrhoea or something equally as hideous? Yes, that'll do, he deserves it!

Things were going so well! The ending of this volume makes me want to scream! I'm tired, too tired to be reading, but I MUST know what happens!


I'm a little disappointed in Wes, it seems like he just rolled over without a fight, as I've said in a review of an earlier book in the series, I do wish he was more alpha. That has never been more apparent than at the end of this installment, he needs to stop being insecure and claim his woman!


Wild (Forever Wild #6)


Publisher: Beautifully Broken Books, 2014
53 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Erotica
Links: Goodreads | Amamzon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Wild- EPISODE 6 is the conclusion in the Forever Wild serial.

All roads led Valerie and Wes back to the Vegas desert where they first met.

Valerie is ready to do whatever it takes to get back her husband, even if it means getting help from an old friend and signing confidentiality contracts.

But nothing has come easy for Valerie and Wes in their wild relationship and when they're hit with some extra surprises they have to figure out if one wild night will lead to being Forever Wild.


My Review:
This final installment in the Wild series I found wasn't as well written as the others. I can't put my finger on what exactly it was that makes me think that, there were a few more spelling and grammatical errors in this one than I noticed with the others, maybe it was rushed? There were a few cringe-worthy moments in the dialogue that I picked up on that further enforced my conclusion that this last book had a different feel to it than the others, maybe more of an immature vibe than the others.

It was clear right the way through the series that Valerie had body issues and sometimes struggled with self-confidence, this didn't bother me at all because as we all know, us women always have issues with one part of our body or other. I can see how it would become annoying if it was repeatedly played on in a book but I didn't think that was the case until this last book. I actually found myself rolling my eyes at one point.


That being said I enjoyed the ending, it was sweet and gave me the happily ever after I needed. I do wish that Max had been dealt with in a more vengeful way, he deserved to be brought down to earth.


My Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment