Friday, January 23, 2015

ARC Review: Swept Away (Volume 1, 2, 3 & 4)

Swept Away (Volume 1) by J. Haymore

Publisher: Jennifer Haymore, 2014
130 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Mystery, Erotica, New Adult
Links: Goodreads | Amazon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
I needed something — something big — to get myself out of the rut I’d fallen into after the car accident that killed my sister. This sailing trip was meant only to mark a new chapter in my life. Until Ethan Williams stepped on board.

Ethan radiated confidence. His darkly handsome good looks and ocean-blue eyes mesmerized me. But it was the way he looked at me that drew me in. He wasn’t looking at my past or at my scars, but the real me behind all that baggage I was trying so hard to leave behind.

But Ethan had secrets—dark, dangerous secrets. I was trapped in the middle of the ocean in a tangle of lies, sex, and violence. The problem was, I was happy to be trapped forever...if it meant I could have him.

My Review:
Tara Jameson had has enough tragedy it is time to have some fun and take an adventure. When she decides to go with her college friend, Kyle on a sail boat from California to Hawaii her wanting nothing to go along as planned is exactly what she gets.

Before she can even get on the boat an old injury causes a fall on the dock with a rescue by a man she could only dream of ever meeting. Ethan Williams is successful, charming, and being in charge so helping her up and getting her settled is second nature to this successful businessman. There are five of them cruising on the ocean but Tara is determined to get close to Ethan regardless of how aloof he comes off. Tara and Kyle have always been the best of friends and he is the one that helped her recover from the losses she kept having to endure but he keeps telling her to back away from Ethan which only makes her want him more.


Swept Away (Volume 2) by J. Haymore


Publisher: Jennifer Haymore, 2014
105 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Mystery, Erotica, New Adult
Links: Goodreads | Amazon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Ethan Williams is the worst man for me. The dangerous choice. The choice most likely to hurt me. Ethan will never give me the long-term happiness I yearn for.

Of course I choose him. He’s the bigger risk. The man I know very little about. The man who’s almost guaranteed me that he’ll do nothing but hurt me. That’s the one I want.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I was falling in love with Ethan—even though he was going to walk away from me forever in less than three weeks. But I wasn’t going to think about that. I’d enjoy this time we had together on the open ocean, then, once we got to Hawaii, I’d let him go. No regrets.

But Ethan’s secrets were deeper and darker than I could have ever imagined. I’d put my trust into someone who gave me almost nothing of himself.

And if I wasn’t careful, his secrets could kill me.


My Review:
As our story continues we find Tara facing one more nightmare, a startling confession from her best friend Kyle. Tara cannot believe the things he is saying to her right in front of his latest girlfriend and captain of their boat. He may be the right choice for her but Tara wants Ethan for all the wrong reasons as it always seems to be. Ethan says he cannot commit but has he already and doesn’t know it, or is his fight to remain at arm’s length real. Tara is falling deeper into a commitment she knows he will not honor but regardless she is going down for the fall.

With the storms throwing them everywhere but on the right course Tara backs away and says no more and if only that could be what happens. The endless plots against her thicken as her peanut allergy is life threatening by someone on board lacing her coffee, a crew member steals away in the middle of the night sabotaging vital equipment, and each of them looking at one another with suspicion and doubt as to who is trying to take Tara out permanently. But rely on each other the four of them must do because they are all that is keeping certain doom from taking over and ending this pleasure cruise with a nightmare.



Swept Away (Volume 3) by J. Haymore


Publisher: Jennifer Haymore, 2014
110 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Mystery, Erotica, New Adult
Links: Goodreads | Amazon

Synopsis (from Goodreads): 
It’s yet another bomb. The past week has been full of them, exploding when least suspected. This one, though…this one shatters me. Like all the other bombs have combined into one nuclear missile, and Ethan has just rammed it into my chest.

Survival was what should’ve been foremost on my mind. But Ethan’s lies consumed me instead. I trusted him, and the devastation of his betrayal cut so deep, I was surprised I wasn’t bleeding.


My Review:
There have been so many unanswered questions along the way and now everything is starting to come together. Ethan, in shock, after what him and Tara went through, dropped a major bomb at the end of the last volume. He's been keeping a pretty big secret from Tara. Something that she might not be able to look past. It played into one of her biggest insecurities and had the potential to ruin everything, but somehow she was still able to let it go. I don't know if I could do it, but maybe he's worth it.

This part of the story didn't have as much action as the first two, but I still really liked it. This volume was more about Ethan and Tara spending time together and trying to figure out if they have a future. From the beginning, Ethan made it clear that Tara shouldn't expect their relationship to last beyond the few weeks they would have together in Hawaii after the sailing trip. But, things changed and now that everything is out in the open, he wants all of her. Is it a mistake for her to put her trust in him, again? It seems so! We are left with another major cliffhanger.



Swept Away (Volume 4) by J. Haymore

Publisher: Jennifer Haymore, 2014
117 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Mystery, Erotica, New Adult
Links: Goodreads | Amazon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
The thrilling conclusion to the Swept Away series!

Ethan has dropped his final bomb, and I’m done. I’m finished. I can’t do this anymore.

I had no idea of the danger I was stepping into. That she was one step ahead of me at every turn. And that I was about to be in a desperate fight for my life.


My Review:
The wild crazy ride is over, I’m sad though I wish there is more for Ethan, Tara, and Kyle. This book nicely rounded out everything all the unanswered questions that you have through all of the books are answered in this final book. There is definitely more suspense and Justine gets even more crazy.

I really liked this series and could see it as a movie on lifetime or something, the writing was good, the characters were great together. Ethan and Tara have great chemistry, and there relationship although a bit insta is believable.


My Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment