Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Review: Duke (Fallen MC #1)

Duke (Fallen MC #1) by C.J. Washington

Publisher: Not available, 2014
157 pages, kindle edition
Source: Purchased through Amazon
Release Date: December 11th 2014
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Abuse, Erotic, Crime, New Adult
Links: Goodreads | Amazon US | Amazon AU | Amazon UK

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Nicole’s life had never been easy. It was a mess. It doesn't help that her Father uses her as a bargaining chip in his illegal deals. Now, she finds herself as collateral for the Fallen Motorcycle Club and in more danger than ever before. Will she ever catch a break and finally get the happy ever after she's always dreamed of?

Duke is the VP for Fallen MC. His life is the club and he likes it that way. His brothers and his bike are all he will ever need. Women come to him easily and he likes variety. He's got no intention of changing anything until the new collateral, a dark haired beauty, takes up residence in the compound.

Stand-alone read. For ages 18+ Contains violence and sexual content.

My Review:
Nicole is taken as collateral by the Fallen MC for debts her bloody asshole father owes. Duke the VP of the club fall for her hard as does the whole club. Club whores are the cause major issues for the club, a rival club is being difficult, and her father continues to be a total douche bag. This is a book that has been written before and it was somewhat easy to predict with each little crisis. I liked the book how it was even with the little prediction.

Nicole was a very nice and decent person, she didn’t panic when she had woken up after being abducted. She knew exactly how things went and was smart and very respectful, her only disappointing factor about her was not distancing herself from her father. But it was understandable since he is her only family. Duke was such a hot alpha male and had no problems using the club sluts until things started heating up with Nicole, he never really had any piss me off moments in alpha mode so that was so refreshing for me who become a huge fan of MC novels.

It also ended with a great epilogue and a couple setups for future books, which I can’t wait to get my hands on. So with everything that I said I really did enjoy myself with this book and I can say I will buy the book in the series.

My Rating:

Author Bio:
I'm an avid reader. I like nothing more than to sink into a good book and escape the world. Now, I'm giving the world of self publishing a try.

Author Links: Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook | 

No comments :

Post a Comment